The interesting muscle group present in your legs is calf muscle group.
There are two types of calf muscles in your legs: they are inner calf muscles and outer calf muscles. These calf muscles will be located below the knees.
Many of you neglect to perform calf muscle exercises. These exercises are essential to make the muscle group present in your leg fit.
The fully developed calves are eye-catching and you can see the separation between your inner and outer muscles.
You use calf muscle to perform various activities in your daily life such as walking, jogging etc. You need to push them a little bit harder when you work them out.
That means you have to make your calf muscle harder so that it will grow in such a way that it will adapt new levels of work.
The calf muscle exercises that are necessary to build strong calf muscles:
- Standing calf muscle raises
- Seated calf muscle raises
- Leg press machine
These are explained as follows:
Standing calf muscle raises:
- In this calf muscle exercise, you have to choose a flat base to stand.
- Stand straight on your foot. Now slowly start raising your foot and you should come in such a position that you have to stand only on the balls of your foot.
- You should stay in that position for some time and slowly come to the original position of standing.
- You should do this exercise for about 5 to 10 times in the starting stage and later on you can go up to 15 to 20 times.
Seated calf muscle raises:
- This calf muscle exercise is similar in the range of motion to the standing calf muscle raises.
- In this exercise, you have to bend your knees by sitting.
- Now start rotating the balls of your feet on the platform by lifting your heels as high as you can and you have to squeeze the calf muscle to a two-count during contraction.
- Now slowly come to the original position and perform the same motion for 10 to 15 times.
- Squats are the essential calf workouts to make it strong.
- These squats will be effective when you perform them with some extra weight.
- You should perform 10 to 15 squats with extra weight to get calf muscle stronger.
- Generally you will be performing skipping for weight loss. But, this is one of the best exercises for calf muscle.
- Your calf muscle will become pretty sore if you skip for more than 20 minutes.
- This exercise forces your leg to stay on your toe.
Leg press machine:
- This leg press machine is mainly used to develop quadriceps and other areas of the leg.
- You can pump your calf muscle if you make a subtle shift in the position.
- You have to start with low weight and depending on your calf muscle capacity, you have to increase the weight.
These are the necessary calf muscle exercises that help you to build strong calf muscle.