Liquid diets seem to be the new fad among the celebrities. They are usually resorted to when there is a need to drastically lose weight. A lot of performers in the west have taken recourse to this off late. Celebrities like Gyneth Paltrow and Oprah are devout followers of this diet. It is generally believed that not only does it help you to lose weight; it also cleanses or detoxifies your system. Therefore a lot of celebrities worldwide swear by the liquid diet.
Interesting, we mostly hear of female celebrities taking up liquid diets. Each of them has different training schedule and different types of liquid diets in their list. Let us look at a few women celebrities and their favorite liquid diets.
- Beyonce Knowles, in order to lose 20 pounds for a role in the musical called “Dreamgirls”, jumped into the liquid diet bandwagon. She picked a drink made of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. This is also known as the Maple Syrup diet and restricts the calorie intake from 600-1300 per day for 14 days.
- Salma Hayek, the actress of Spanish origin is a big fan of what is known as the Cooler cleanse. This helps her manage her weight. This liquid is a favorite among a lot of other celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, among others.
- Omega water is a new product in the liquid diet lines which many celebrities are advocating for. Brooke Burke is a fan of this liquid as it helps her to lose her weight.
- Lady Gaga is a devotee of green tea when it comes to liquid diet. Green tea is considered quite healthy since it contains anti oxidants, helps in digestion and curbs your appetite. It has become a common drink for health conscious people these days.
- Another natural liquid that many celebrities like Madonna use is pure and simple coconut water. It is free of Cholesterol and helps one stay fit.
- Jennifer Aniston, the famous actress uses the ready to drink smart water. According to Aniston, it keeps her healthy and helps her in losing weight.
- Kristin Chenoweth uses dream water to keep herself healthy. It helps her to complete her sleep duration. This is another readymade product that is popular among the celebrities.
However, there are a few negative aspects of such diets. For example, this diet takes away the nutrients from your daily diet chart. The body needs some fibers and nutrients which comes from the food, and cannot come from these liquid diets. As a result your body feels undernourished. And if you add soda or smoothies in your liquid diet, it might mean that you are taking the extra carbohydrate. Thus it will not help you reduce weight.
In reality then, it seems that the liquid diets actually ruin your body system. It is generally seen that when you are on a cleansing or a liquid diet, your body goes to the starvation mode. As a result you lose lean muscles which eventually are detrimental for losing weight. Therefore the liquid diet might not be as good as the celebrities believe.