Good diabetes Nutrition is essential for diabetic patient because it will prevent the complications obtained with diabetes and also plays a crucial role to treat the disease.
Your body requires certain amount proteins, carbohydrates and fats to produce energy for various body functions.
It is necessary to know what and how much is needed for your body in order to keep your blood sugar levels in control.
Proteins: Protein is required for your body in order to produce fuel energy.
You should consume necessary amount of protein required for your body. Most of you consume more protein than required; it is not a good practice.
Fish, chicken, lean meats and lean beef products are the best sources of protein.
The way of cooking is also an important aspect and you have to avoid the method of high fat cooking. Instead of this, switch to broiling or grilling your food.
Carbohydrates: Taking required carbohydrates necessary for you body is the essential aspect.
You should not neglect intake of carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are of two types namely good carbohydrates and bad carbohydrates.
Among these two, you should consume good carbohydrates required for your body and avoid the bad one. Complex carbohydrates are the good carbohydrates which help in the steady maintenance of blood sugar levels.
Fats: Fats are dangerous but, all fats are not bad. Your body requires fats in order to protect your inner organs.
Concentrated energy will be stored in the fats. This energy helps in healing pain and inflammation and it also regulates your body temperature. Fats are also helpful in the absorption of fat soluble vitamins such as A, D and E.
Tips to attain good diabetes nutrition:
- To attain good diabetes nutrition, you have to take the foods which have more number of proteins and vitamins. Don’t go for the foods which have more number of fats, carbohydrates and high cholesterol levels.[Cholesterol Diet Menu]
- Avoid the foods which have high sugar levels. It is not necessary to avoid completely the foods which have sugars in it. But, you have to consume the foods which have less sugar levels.
- Try to take fresh fruits instead of canned fruits and sweetened juices. While consuming fruits, also check the sugar levels in that fruit and avoid the fruit if it has high sugar levels.
- Don’t go for fried foods. That means you should not consume the fried items, instead of them go for grilled, steamed and cooked foods. Healthy cooking habits should be followed by you in order to obtain good diabetic nutrition.
- Instead of taking heavy meals at a time, try to take 5 to 6 mini meals per day.
- Consume 5 to 6 servings of fresh fruits (less sugared) and raw vegetables per day. If you can’t eat vegetables directly try to make them into salads and then consume them. Steamed and cooked vegetables are also preferable.
- To get good diabetes nutrition, you have to count the number of calories you consume in a single day. Don’t take the food which has more number of calories.
These are the tips to attain good diabetes nutrition. Other than nutrition, exercise is also a necessary aspect in order to control diabetes. If you have diabetes, you should not compromise in practicing exercise regularly.