It is important to know what you should be doing. Follow the dietary guidelines and know how to use them.
Here are some of the dietary guidelines you should follow.
- If you are eating white rice, replace it with brown rice, barley, wild rice or quinoa.
- If you are eating muffins, replace it with air popped microwave popcorn.
- If you are taking white bread, replace it with whole wheat bread.
- If you are having regular pasta, replace it with whole wheat pasta.
- If you are eating breakfast bars, replace it with bars made with whole wheat or unprocessed grains.
- If you are taking fat free desserts, replace it with fruit.
Dietary guidelines to increase calcium intake:
- Glass of calcium fortified orange juice with breakfast should be included.
- Eat more Swiss chard, broccoli, and spinach.
- A glass of fat free milk or calcium fortified soy milk should be included in lunch [Nutritional dietary supplements].
Recipes with dietary guidelines:
- For breakfast include oatmeal made with milk, power calcium blueberry pancakes and calcium fortified cereal with fat free milk or soy milk.
- For lunch include whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce, chili beans, spinach salad and quick chicken fajitas in a whole wheat tortilla.
- For dinner, consume mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and chicken cutlet.
Spinach salad recipe with dietary guidelines:
1/2 bag baby spinach, 1/3 cube of fat free feta cheese, cherry tomatoes to taste, halved 6 kalamata olives, pitted and halved dressing of choice. Mix everything together. If you are using full fat dressing limit yourself to 1 tablespoon.
Power calcium blueberry pancake with dietary guidelines:
1 cup white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ cup fat free milk powder, ½ cup egg beaters, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 cup blue berries, and 1 cup 2% butter milk.
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add butter milk and egg whites and mix until combined. Add the blueberries and cook on a heated pan.
Quick chicken fajitas recipe with dietary guidelines:
1 pound cooked chicken breast, 1 bag stir fry vegetables and one jar salsa of choice. Cut the chicken into strips. Steam the vegetables on stove or in microwave in a small plastic container with full of water. Drain. Combine with chicken. Pour the salsa over everything and reheat in the microwave.
Don’t be afraid to eat new foods [Food nutrition]. It is important you get handle on your eating and exercise habits. If you follow the dietary guidelines, you can enjoy the next part of life.