A Greek diet which prevents formation of blood clots, maintaining healthy heart
Mediterranean diet is the diet which will be more helpful to make your heart happy.
The added advantage with this is: it also provides healthy memory.
The Greek people add healthy contents in their diet like fruits, legumes, whole grains, etc and they simply enjoy a lot by eating more fish.
Checkout the Mediterranean diet meal plan, which consists of lot of healthy foods in it:
Sample Mediterranean diet Meal Plan:
- 1/3 cantaloupe
- 1 slice whole-grain toast
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1 apple
- 2 cups fresh spinach salad
- 2 ounces grilled chicken breast
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. vinaigrette
- 1 small whole-wheat pita
- 1 apple
- 5 ounces fish (cod, halibut, etc.)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2-3 cups broccoli, carrots, peppers, onions sauteed in garlic and olive oil
- 1 cup fresh fruit
(Mid morning or mid afternoon) – 1 small handful of nuts (almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
If you observe the foods clearly which are present in this menu, they all consist of enough nutrition contents and proteins which are essential for your body.
They are also good for your health and make your heart more active because the cholesterol levels will be less in these foods. Less cholesterol level makes your heart to stay fit and fine without any problems.
Latest researches have also found that this Mediterranean diet meal plan is so kind to your mind since it is the combination of healthy monounsaturated fats, high levels of vitamin E and C, and flavonoids.
These all make your arteries healthy and keep the blood flow steady to the brain. That’s why healthier memory will also obtain with these foods.
The inflammation and oxidative stress will also become less with this blend of nutrients. Fish consists of Omega-3 fatty acid (also known as most potent inflammation fighters) which prevents Alzheimer’s and also slow down the rates of mental decline who already have very mild forms or symptoms of this disease.
There are various benefits with this Mediterranean diet meal plan:
- They extend your appetite.
- Olive oil will be used while preparing the food in this Mediterranean diet. The additional advantage with this olive oil is: it will lower the cholesterol level in your body.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases and keeps your brain healthy and active.
- Prevents the formation of blood clot in arteries.
- This diet is more beneficial because it consists of low saturated fats, dietary fiber and high monounsaturated fats.