Continuing our post about the way in which sugar can be reduced from the diet, here are some more sugar cutting tips:
- Brown rice can help you in a number of ways – it is a complex carbohydrate, which keeps your blood sugar levels from fluctuating and keeps you feeling full for a longer time. The same is true for other genuine whole grains as well.
- Replace dessert with the natural sweetness contained in fruit. Even a cooked fruit dessert a couple of times a week is better than regular sugary desserts.
- Get enough rest. Yes it is true that we are all busy and that there are too many things to get done and not enough time to rest, but if you prioritize properly and place your health at the top where it belongs; you will find the time to get enough rest. They say that one hour of sleep before midnight is equal to two hours after midnight, so aim for an early bedtime.
- Find the emotional reason or the stress factor that could be causing you to indulge in the sugary eats. If you need help with issues, go ahead and get it.
- Take the time to nurture yourself, being with friends, an enjoyable hobby, or just communing with nature; find the sweetness in life!