Ectomorph training should be heavy and they should focus on gaining muscle mass. They should do lot of power movements and take more calories than they are used to.
Most trainers and experts will recommend a combination of two to three exercises per body part, consisting of 3-4 sets of each, with 6-10 repetitions for maximum and lasting effect.
Opt for heavy-weight workouts where all the muscles are used and exercised, often and intensely so.
Cardio-type exercising is another top priority to stay in mint condition. Ectomorphs require little cardio to maintain lean appearance.
Too much cardio increases their metabolism making it harder to put on mass.
An ectomorph should stay with basic exercises and include plenty of power moves to build muscle mass.
Your body-type exercise secrets will center on some
- Weight training
- Strength work
- Persistence and disciplined work
- Muscle building
- Core training
Recommended workout for this body-type includes:
- Work on buttock and thigh area
- Martial Arts
- Kickboxing Class
- Core Training
Ectomorph should train for specific body parts. The exercises for back are dead lifts, chins, pull downs, and hyperextensions. Exercises for chest are heavy barbell bench presses, pullovers and flyes. Exercises for arms are standing triceps presses, curls, dips, and triceps extensions. Exercises for shoulders are heavy upright rows, shrugs, dumbbell presses, front raises and lateral raises. Exercises for legs are squats, lunges and leg presses.
These exercises help in building muscle mass in areas where ectomorphs are skinny. They should do all the variations like incline, decline, and flat bench presses. Focus on every rep and lift very intensely to get most out of your workout. An ectomorph should train and build muscle mass in the abdominal area to fit in with the rest of the body.
Nutrition and eating habits will have you eating less of some foods and more of others. Ectomorphs should eat lot more than they would normally to build muscle mass. They find it difficult in the beginning to consume large portions of the food but as the training gets harder, the body requires more feeding. Ectomorphs benefits from diet that is high in carbohydrates, proteins and moderate in fat. Intake of carbohydrates in proportion to protein should be 1:2 ratios.
- Eat more calories than you burn. Add 500 to 1000 calories everyday.
- Eat six smaller meals throughout the day with a gap of two hours as it keeps constant supply of fuel to your muscles.
- Increase protein and carbohydrates (grains, granola, nuts, and dried fruits). Eat at least one gram of protein for every pound you weigh.
- Drink plenty of water so that your muscles stay hydrated.
- Include Trans-fats
- Ensure that you reduce fats and healthy oils (around 30% of total intake calories recommended)
- Beware of lots of or empty, hidden calories.
- Avoid fried foods and skipping meals, for convenience or because you are busy.
- Avoid filling up on unhealthy, void calories drinks, junk or fast food.
- Get enough rest because your muscles don’t grow when you are lifting weights.