Weight loss workouts that can help burn fat are the best thing we can do for ourselves if we want to lose weight.
Coupled with the right diet and healthy lifestyle, it can keep us strong even as we age.
Contrary to weight loss pills, supplements, and treatments, weight loss workouts have no detrimental effects to the body even if you are on a strict diet.
Ideal workouts for weight loss
- Swimming – Because water gives more resistance than air, the added pressure from swimming tones your whole body and can burn up to 450 calories an hour. It can also improve stamina and endurance.
- Running – One of the best things you can do for your health and one of the best weight loss workouts is running. It’s very effective for burning excess fat. Experts say that instead of actually running faster, running at a low speed for a longer period of time is better for fat burning.
- Rollerblading – If you’re not fond of running, rollerblading can give you the fat burning benefits of running through a much more fun way. Based on approximations, a 150 pound person can burn 10 calories per minute if they skate 11 miles per hour. If you are able to burn about 800 calories a day, you can lose up to 20 pounds within just 3 months.
- Jump-rope – A workout you can take with you virtually anywhere and costs less than $20, jumping rope targets your legs and stomach while toning your arms. You can do straight repetitions or incorporate it into your other strengthening or other weight loss workouts, whichever you find most comfortable. It’s recommended to jump at least 10-15 minutes a day.
- Boxing – Ideal for those that are not fond of repetitious workout routines, boxing is a highly effective fat burner wherein you can lose up to 800 calories an hour. It provides more fun and challenge than other weight loss workouts as well.
- Biking – Biking is one of the most versatile weight loss workouts; you can even bike to work or to school and still burn some calories. Biking at about 12-14 mph can burn approximately 235 calories in an hour.
- Walking– If you don’t have the energy to run, bike, or swim, walking is a good alternative. It is good for the heart and helps you get rid of those extra pounds. Walk at least 30 minutes per day and you’re on your way to a better figure.
As you can see, weight loss workouts can actually be a lot of fun. These can also be done indoor or outdoor, depending on where you find doing your weight loss workouts most comfortably.
The most important thing to remember is to always combine it with a healthy diet to maximize the fat-burning.
Within just a few weeks of your training, you will begin to see the effects of your weight loss workouts. The inches will come off and you will notice your arms, legs, and stomach will be firmer and more toned. Combine this with a high-fiber, low-carbohydrate and low-fat diet for more effective results.