The tough fitness trainer from TV Biggest Loser Wins, Jillian Michaels offers a list of another 5 fitness tips which we continue in part 2 of this post –
1. Do not over do things. Before making a start, consult a physician and to begin with stick to about 70% of your maximum heart rate. Work your way up to a more exacting and tougher routine.
2. Circuit training gives fast results. This involves a swift succession of different moves and no rest in between, for instance pushups followed quickly by squats and then on to jumping jacks to help you build strength and burn fat at the same time.
3. HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training technique is also recommended. This involves short bouts of cardio interspersing your strength training routine.
4. Spot reduction of fat is not possible; that is a fact! If you want six pack abs, all the crunches in the world will not help if you don’t follow proper diet, cardio and resistance training.
5. Don’t hold on to the handle bars when you get on to a treadmill. This decreases the intensity of your work out and consequently the number of calories burnt by as much as 24%. So remember not to hold on while jogging or walking on the treadmill.