What’s slowing you down?
You are hitting the gym regularly and religiously, you are following your routine without a miss, you are controlling your diet and making every possible effort to get those super-sexy six pack abs, but all in miserable vain. The end result is hardly what you had anticipated when you first set out, and you are still looking for ways to carve those “magazine-cover” like abs as soon as possible.
There is a saying that goes “abs are made in the kitchen”. Though old and quite clichéd, this saying is hundred percent true to its words. Even though you are strictly monitoring your diet, it’s still a possibility that you are not on the right diet.
To get that perfectly chiselled body, you need to work on your protruding belly by a major cut down on your calories. Generally, the primary step towards achieving abs is to curb your sugar intake and increase protein. This does not necessarily imply guzzling down every other protein shake in the market or consuming chicken breasts like a monster, but it means that you need to replace your carbohydrate and sugar with whole grains and a lot of pulses.
Not only do protein shakes make you feel full for a prolonged period of time, but also your body uses up the fat cells to break down protein molecules. Protein basically acts as fuel for your muscles and helps burn fat more efficiently.
What can you do?
Instead of buying readymade food or making someone else cook it, prepare your meal yourself so that you are perfectly aware of what you are consuming and the calorie content of your meal. You need to keep a track of your calorie intake and the calories that you burn.
Here are 5 food combinations that you need to include in your diet to help you achieve the six-pack abs body of a Greek God.
- Broccoli, mushrooms and sweet potatoes: These foods are rich in fibre and poor in fat content. Hence, can help you to keep check of your calorie consumption per day. Not only are these vegetables quite easily available in the market, but are also very easy to prepare and not to mention, quite savoury too, if cooked well.
- Apples, blueberries, and grapefruits: Although these fruits are said to be rich in carbohydrate content, yet you can easily take some of them in your diet because of their antioxidant properties and ability to reduce insulin levels, thus improving body metabolism.
- Eggs and soya bean: Eggs are said to possess high protein content and can easily fulfil your daily protein need. All you have to do is include boiled eggs, sprinkled with salt and pepper, in your routine diet.
- Green tea: Green tea is said to be rich in antioxidant properties and hence is very helpful in breaking down calories. It detoxifies your body of unwanted fat cells. Try green tea, infused with chamomile or cinnamon, to prevent your body from storing fat.
- Meat: Meat is essential for a good amount of protein. The meat of chicken, pork, lamb, duck, and turkey has to be a part of your daily diet if you want to burn up fat faster with animal protein and carve those chiselled muscles faster.