Most of the populace are aware about the positive effects of exercise on health, whereas another aspect of exercise is always been neglected that is the effect of exercise on mental health. The antidepressant properties of exercise have been demonstrated several years ago by the researchers. Research also shows that exercise has great impact to improve brain functioning of elderly person and may protect you against dementia.
The facts that can push you towards exercising session can be discussed as below:
- Exercise activates the production of endorphins in your brain which can act as natural pain reliever to your body. These opiates have similarity with morphine from chemical aspects. However question has arose on the ability of endorphins to improve your mood and the answer requires more accurate studies on this context.
- From another aspect of studies it can be considered that incorporation of exercise to your daily agenda would be able to boost up the activity of brain’s frontal lobes as well as the hippocampus. Though this aspect also demands more researches it can be concluded that exercise assist to increase norepinephrine which is highly beneficial for to treat with depressed persons.
- BDNF which is called “brain derived neurotrophic factor” can be increased with involving yourself into exercising session. The prime function of this substance is to increase the survival capability of brain cells. This substance is also beneficial to have a joyful impact on your mood.
Besides the aforesaid discussion the other aspects of being mentally healthy should be discussed on this occasion. To be healthy from the mental point of view you must realize your potentialities as well as have to accumulate positive attitude towards yourself.
You must take all the challenges to fulfill all expectations be it either from your family or community or workplace or any other zone of life. Socially, physically, spiritually, economically, psychologically you have to build up positive attitude in order to burn your potentialities to its fullest to achieve the goal.
- Mental fitness which is identified as a state of psychological wellness is able to reflect your emotions and thoughts depending on the satisfaction of three basic psychological needs that is Autonomy, Competence and Relatedness.
- Autonomy can be referred as the need for personal freedom for making decisions of your life.
- Competence can be identified as the utilization of your potentialities and strengths for achieving goal.
- Lastly Relatedness symbolizes your mental connection and closeness with your family members, relatives, peers or any other noteworthy individual.
Through the process of promotion of mental health can assist you to be fit mentally. Supportive environment as well as individual resilience would be the pillar of this procedure to explore mental aspects of fitness.
Hence from the above guidance it can be concluded that to be successful in being mentally fit you have to develop your own agendas based on positive experiences as well as on good health knowledge. You need to be prepared internally also on this note and prioritize your healthiness.
Photo Credit By: bodyfitnessinfo.com