Anyone working in a desk based job knows the hourly temptations that arise.
You can easily tempt to the cookies offered by your colleague or the get together planned by team members.
Sitting in front of a monitor continuously for eight hours and eating unhealthy food can result in poor health.
Here are a few tips to stay healthy at workplace.
5 ways to stay healthy in your office
- Pack your lunch, which is far better than junk foods and foods that are available around your office.
- Get out of the office building in the lunch break and have a power walk or a quick intense workout. You can feel relaxed and refreshed with this short exercise workout and it is a great stress buster.
- Always keep some healthy snacks in your desk drawer like dried fruits and nuts, fruits like bananas and apples and wholegrain cereal bars to eat whenever you feel hungry so that you can avoid unhealthy food cravings.
- When you are involved in work, you often drink less water. This can lead to dehydration and in turn you feel tired. Drink more water to hydrate your body and energize yourself.
- When you are stressed out with your work, get up and walk around the corridors for a few minutes to relieve stress. If your mind and body are under stress, your muscles get tensed leading to backache and poor posture.