It happens to all of us and it happens to the best of us; that mid-morning feeling of dread when you can hardly keep your eyes open or that 3:00 pm fight to keep your eyelids open.
Instead of reaching for another cup o’ Joe why not eat a food full of ingredients that will give you energy? We have found the ten best foods for energy:
- Whole grains such as whole grain breads and rice.
- Oatmeal is a great source of energy because oats are the best source of energy.
- Bananas are all potassium. Potassium helps your muscles contract. Therefore, bananas are great energy boosters.
- Orange Juice has Vitamin C. Any questions?
- Salmon is very high in protein.
- Beans have everything you need for energy; protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Dried Fruit is the perfect high energy and low fat snack.
- Almonds are actually the most nutrient dense food. Perfect for energy.
- Yogurt is full of protein and carbs which are exactly the combination you need for a burst of mid-morning energy.
- While it gives you energy at first it will eventually bring you crashing down and that is pasta.