Muscle aches and pains can be a result of too much exercise, injury, trauma and too much stress! Whatever the cause is, the objective in dealing with it is to minimize pain and discomfort. To do these simply follow these steps:
- Have a massage; this will help relax your tight muscles.
- Apply liniment lotion to the affected area; the heat absorbed will relieve the pain.
- Apply warm compress for 10 to 15 minutes, this will dilate the blood vessels and increase blood circulation in the area and ease the discomfort and if injury is present this will also promote healing.
- Plan your exercise program so that you have rest days to allow your body and muscles to recover from the strain.
- Deal with your stress by doing stretching if you have a sedentary work, have a weekly relaxing activity like watching a movie, a visit to the spa or simply go out of town to sit down and relax, read your favorite book, paint or take photographs.
- Keep your body well hydrated to maintain the fluids and electrolytes in your body because cramps and muscle pain may sometime signal a body with too much potassium levels due to lack of water.
- If all these do not relieve the pain take your muscle relaxant and if it does not work go visit your doctor.