TV’s best known doctor, Dr Mehmet Oz offers interesting insights on the best time of the day to do things to maximize weight loss, and why this is so –
- It is best to weigh yourself – at 6.30 in the morning, basically because you haven’t eaten anything yet.
- 6.35 in the morning is the best time to work out – exercising on an empty stomach means that you will burn stored fat instead of what you have just eaten.
- 7.30 is the ideal time for breakfast, because this will help to kick start your metabolism.
- At 8 AM you should have something like a glass of really cold water to give your metabolism a bit of a boost.
- At 10 AM, when you are not hungry or thirsty, is the ideal time to go grocery shopping. This is ideal because you are more likely to make sensible and healthy food purchases then.
- 12 or noon is the best time for lunch, because enough time has elapsed after breakfast and if you put off lunch you will be tempted to have some or the other unhealthy snack.
- At 6.15 a fiber supplement is advisable so that you aren’t ravenous just before dinner.
- Eat dinner at 6.30 so it is a few hours before bedtime.