Soy milk is also known as soya milk. Soya beans are used to make soy milk. This milk is made by soaking soya beans and grinding them with water.
The fluid which is formed after straining is called soy milk.
It is easy to make soy milk at your home with basic kitchen tools or with different soy milk machines.
Soy milk will contain beany taste. This taste cannot be accepted by all. Some of you can feel difficult in drinking with that taste.
Then you can add some flavors to reduce beany taste present in that. Soy milk has various health benefits. That’s why more number of people prefer to drink soy milk.
There are various types of soya milk products with different flavors available in the market. If you feel difficulty in making soy milk at home or if you feel difficulty in drinking plain soya milk with beany taste, then you can buy soy milk in market with your favorite flavor.
Soy beans which are used for making soy milk have the healthy source of protein. It is the natural product that’s why it does not have any side effects.
Soy milk contains high nutritional value. It is an excellent source for isoflavones, B-vitamins and high quality proteins. Soy milk is free of lactose (milk sugar). So, it is a good choice for the people who are lactose intolerant. It is also a good source of milk for the people who are allergic to cow’s milk [Controlling Milk Allergy].
The various health benefits with soy milk are:
- It contains all the vegetable proteins which are necessary for your body.
- It does not contain lactose which cannot be tolerated by more than 70% of people.
- It will be suitable to all. Only fewer people will feel allergic to it.
- It will help to reduce the cholesterol content in your body. Your body should maintain the necessary cholesterol levels. High cholesterol level can cause severe health problems such as heart attack. So, in order to reduce the cholesterol level in your body, it’s better to drink this milk daily.
- It does not contain any hormones as cow’s milk.
- It does not cause insulin dependent diabetes.
- Rich isoflavones also known as cancer-fighting chemicals can be obtained with soy milk.
- It has less saturated fat when compared to cow’s milk.
- It is a good nutritional source of B1, B2, B6 and E-vitamin.
- Minerals such as calcium and magnesium are also present in this milk.
- It is also a good source for iron, potassium, zinc and selenium.
These are the various health benefits that you can attain with soy milk. It is the best supplement for all types of proteins and vitamins.
It will also create resistance power in your body. The resistance power will help to avoid the occurrence of some diseases. So, by drinking this milk daily, you can attain good health.