Arthritis pain occurs at your joints. More number of people are affected with two forms of arthritis: rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Other than these two, arthritis that can occur at the joints are psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, gout, pseudogout and reiter’s syndrome.
Regular exercise makes your joints stronger. You can also get relief from your arthritis pain through arthritis exercises.
There are various types of arthritis exercises which will give relief from your arthritis pains. But, regularity and perfection is essential while performing these exercises.
If you do not perform arthritic exercises regularly, you will not get good results regarding the reduction of pains at the joints. In the same way, wrong practice of exercise will also not give good results. Some times, your joint pains will be increased by practicing the exercise in the wrong way.
All of these arthritis exercises are strengthening exercises; you have to perform these exercises once or twice in a day and not more than that. Your joint pains will be increased a lot if you practice these exercises too many times in a single day.
Other than practicing arthritis exercises, you must follow certain guidelines while performing these strengthening routines:
- Before performing these arthritis exercises, you have to warm up your body with several warm up exercises so that the tight muscles will become loose and they will be more flexible to perform further exercises.
- While performing the arthritis exercises, you have to follow logical order i.e. from upper body to lower body.
- You must perform the movements of exercise very smoothly, slowly, correctly and precisely so that more pressure is not given at the joints.
- In the beginning stage, you have to practice each exercise not more than 5 repetitions and day by day you have to increase its time and duration according to your range of performance and flexibility.
- Don’t force yourself to perform the exercise forcibly even though you are not feeling well and your energy levels are not up to the mark.
- While performing the exercise, breathe normally. Don’t hold your breathe during exercise. If you hold your breath, you will become fatigue more quickly.
- In order to obtain better results, follow proper diet (avoiding oily and fatty foods).
- By maintaining good diet, you will feel your body light and with that feeling you can do exercise easily without much strain. Heavy body doesn’t support you to perform the exercise for long period of time with concentration.