Identifying your oblique muscle and working on it can help you in maintaining great body physique.
Oblique muscles are present on either side of your abdomen and they belong to your abdominal group of muscles.
Two sets of oblique muscles are present on either sides of your abdomen: one is external and the other is internal.
Strong oblique muscles are very essential for proper support for your back and these muscles are very helpful in improving your posture.
Some of the exercises which are helpful for strengthening and also stretching of your oblique muscle can include side bends, bicycle kick and also oblique crunches.
Essential tips for oblique exercises:
Apart from practicing regular body exercises, some of the essential tips to get good and perfect look for your stomach are listed here. Just try to follow them and notice the difference.
- Practice certain warm up exercises like pendulum exercises before doing any type of body building exercises. Most of you might neglect this particular essential step in body exercising. By practicing certain warm up exercises like pendulum exercises, the results which you can experience are different than the routine which you get without doing any warm up exercises. These warm up exercises can also prevent you from various injuries.
- Give preference for quality over quantity. Doing 1000 reps in an improper way makes no difference for your obliques. But if you perform 10 reps in a proper and correct way, it can show some difference when compared with 1000 improper reps. while doing your oblique exercise, practice them in slow, steady and also in a controlled way.
- Never use your neck or back while performing exercises, as it will take almost 90% of your total power on exercises and you can be at increased risk of injuries. Mainly try to focus on your muscles and try to work on them.
- Always try to keep your chin up while practicing exercises. This can be helpful for you in preventing strain on your neck.
- You can lose fat at a stretch. It takes time for your body to lose excess fat. Start changing your diet, avoid fat contents and add more fruits and vegetables and also essential nutrients in your diet.
These are certain essential tips which you need to follow while performing all body exercises including oblique exercises. Remember, any health or fitness related decision must be taken by seeking proper advice from your health care provider and also physical trainer.