There are different types of yoga, but the aim of all of them is the same. One of the main benefits of yoga is the achievement of a union with the supreme consciousness (Yoga for health).
This can be achieved through work and action in karma yoga.
In jnana yoga, it is achieved through knowledge and study. In bhakti yoga, it is achieved through devotion and selfless love.
In mantra yoga, it is achieved through repetition of certain invocations and sounds.
The highest form of yoga is raja yoga, which is yoga of consciousness.
Practice of raja yoga starts with hatha yoga which gives the body the necessary health and strength.
Hatha yoga is for physical well-being. Ha stands for the dun and tha stands for moon. Prana is a subtle life energy existing in the air in fluid form.
Benefits of yoga:
- The most important benefits of yoga are physical and mental therapies. The aging process can be slowed down by practicing yoga. Yoga works all the muscles in your body. It helps in strengthening the muscles and building stamina.
- The benefits of yoga are to minimize muscle tension, pain associated with muscle tensions and relaxing muscles.
- The benefit of yoga is to improve your level of energy. Learn how to relax through yoga and enjoy higher levels of energy.
- The benefits of yoga are to clear your mind, focus your attention, concentration and finally leads to healthy life. You can focus your attention into every aspect of your life.
- Yoga helps in reducing stress and creates relaxation in your body. Yoga helps in increasing the cardiovascular efficiency and respiratory efficiency.
- Yoga helps in normalizing endocrine function and gastrointestinal function. It helps in increasing the sleep, immunity and steadiness.
- Deep breathing in yoga strengthens the diaphragm and encourages deeper, fresher breathing. Your mood and learning efficiency increases. Your memory, concentration and attention improve.
- The biochemical benefits of yoga are LDL cholesterol decreases, HDL cholesterol increases, hemoglobin increases, glucose decreases, lymphocyte count increases, thyroxin increases, and sodium decreases.
- The benefit of yoga is balanced activity of opposing muscle groups. There is low risk of injuring muscles and ligaments. There is low caloric consumption. There are limitless possibilities for growth in self awareness.
You can start practicing where you are and how you are for the benefits of yoga. Each individual is different from other and their strengths and weaknesses are different. Yoga makes your mind, body and soul flexible.
Yoga is challenging on many levels. It helps in get in touch with yourself. It is not a boring process rather you have to concentrate on your working to make it interesting.