Pregnancy yoga works wonders on women’s health. Practicing yoga during pregnancy is the healthiest way to well being and for an expectant mother.
Pregnancy has lot of risks and you can overcome with pregnancy yoga. Pregnancy yoga postures stretch and explore your body.
During pregnancy, these exercises help you to keep active and flexible. Strenuous exercises are not suited for pregnant mothers.
The pregnancy yoga techniques:
Yoga exercises: Yoga exercises works on your reproductive organs and pelvis gently to have smooth pregnancy. These exercises supply blood and nutrients to the fetus.
Deep relaxation: Deep relaxation helps for physical and mental relaxation.
Meditation: Meditation helps to resolve fears and differences which are common during pregnancy.
Breathing: These techniques help in supplying plenty of oxygen to you and your child.
Pregnancy yoga exercises:
Standing Mountain: Stand with feet slightly more than hip width apart. Bend your knees slightly and keep your toes pointing straight. Keep your palms at the centre touching your heart.
Breathe deeply by closing your eyes. Inhale and sweep your arms out and overhead, bending back slightly. Exhale and stand straight returning hands to the center of the heart. Repeat it for ten times.
Abdomen breathing: Sit straight on a pillow in a cross legged position comfortably. Keep your hands on lower abdomen. Breathe deeply through your nose by closing your eyes. Keep your face and jaws relaxed and focus on relaxing your pelvic floor muscles. This exercise helps calm you during early labor. You can also use Abdomen exercise equipment.
Seated pelvic circles: Sit straight on a stack of pillows in a cross legged position comfortably. Place your hands on the lower abdomen. Move your pelvis in a slow, circular motion and imagine your baby spiraling downwards as you relax into the movement.
The movement of pelvis may be smaller or larger depending on the position and size of the baby. This exercise helps you relax during early labor. It helps in relieving lower back pain.
Benefits of pregnancy yoga:
- You cultivate openness to change and a connection to the baby growing within you.
- With pregnancy yoga postures, you can have more comfortable birthing.
- It enables you to relax mentally at the time of delivery.
- It relieves from cramping which is common in last months.
- It relieves tension around the cervix and birth canal.
- It helps to reduce morning sickness, mood swings, and nausea.
- It helps to reduce fatigue and tenderness and swelling of breasts.
- It helps in raising the level of energy while helping in slowing the metabolism to restore calm and focus.
- It helps in opening the pelvis to make delivery easier and quicker.
- It helps in reducing inflammation and swelling around joints.
- It helps in improving the digestive system.
- It helps you to prepare physically for giving birth to child.
You can start the pregnancy yoga exercises like other exercises. If you are not used to regular exercise, start slowly. Consult your doctor before starting pregnancy yoga exercises. You should not overstretch your body. If you are feeling pain or nausea while exercising, stop doing and contact the doctor immediately.