All of us aware that water constitutes nearly 60% of our body. So it is imperative to keep your body hydrated if you wish for the proper functioning of all your organs. Besides, it helps in regulating the body temperature, improves proper functioning of tissues and joints, and transports vital nutrients. So a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day is suggested by every doctor. It also flushes out harmful toxins from the body and gives an inner glow to your skin.
But yes drinking water alone can become boring. So you can use some beverages that not only include the right nutrients for your body, but they also help to keep you hydrated for a long time. While picking up your beverage, you need to be very careful to select the appropriate one for yourself. For example, if you undergo strenuous workout session, your body losses a sufficient amount of calcium and sodium which can be replenished by having chocolate milk. It will provide you adequate energy and protein. Besides you can even consume a sports drink, beverages, and coconut water as well.
Which Liquids Are Best?
- If you are involved in any outdoor activities or sports, then consuming tap water can do wonders. Although tap water seems unhygienic, it contains minerals to replenish your energy. But if the sports continue for an hour or so, then you can drink fresh fruit juice or any sports drink that will provide electrolytes to your body.
- If your body undergoes fatigue due to low blood sugar, you can consume sports drink such as All Sport, Gatorade, and PowerAde. This will not only give you energy but will increase your blood sugar level as well.
- But before purchasing sports drink read the label of information very well. It should contain 100mg of sodium, 14gm of carbohydrate, and 28 gm. of potassium per8 ounce of serving. Besides remember that the carbohydrate should come from natural ingredients like sucrose, glucose, and fructose and not from carbonated products.
- It is also seen that many of us are also worried about the added calories which the health drinks include. In that case, you can dilute it more with water or place it in a thermos which is packed with ice.
What are Fitness and Designer Waters?
- Many of us are aware of Propel— fitness water that contains vital minerals and vitamins. It helps in replenishing the lost energy, and this water is not normal water. They are between plain water and sports drink. Unlike sports drink the level of calorie and electrolyte is less in fitness water but it tastes better than normal water. Even now, designer waters are gaining immense popularity in the market.
- The designer water includes oxygen, glucose, vitamins, and components to burn down the excess stored fat. But instead of having high hopes of weight loss, drink it as a normal means of hydration for your body.
So it is important that you consume an adequate amount of fluid in your everyday diet for the proper functioning of your body. Besides these, you can even drink green tea, soy milk, low sodium tomato juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, mint tea, etc. All of these also have their nutritional benefit while keeping you hydrated.