Squat is one type of power training exercise for your lower body.
It will enhance the power lifting process by giving essential movements in weight lifting.
These exercises will give more stress to your glutes, quadriceps and also involves your calves, hamstrings and lower back.
Squat exercises will be performed by bending your legs at the knees and hips and by lowering your chest between your legs.
While performing these exercises, you should always keep your chest straight. You will get severe pains at your back if you don’t keep your chest straight.
Various squats necessary for body building:
- Front squat: In this, the barbell will be held on the front of your body. This is used to increase the capacity of lifting heavy weights in weight lifting.
- Back squat: In this, the barbell will be held on your upper back.
- Dumbbell squat: In this, weight will be held vertically on your chest or above your head with your arms extended.
- Over head squat: In this, a barbell will be held over your head at full extension in wide arm grip.
- Box squat: This should be performed by using a box. In this, you have to sit in a short box by relaxing your hip flexors and you have to perform some exercises which will strengthen your hips and thighs.
- Dumbbell front squat: In this workout, the weights will be held resting on your shoulders. [More Dumbbell Workouts]
- Hack squat: In this exercise, the barbell will be held in your hands just behind your legs. [More Barbell Exercises]
- Zercher squat: In this workout, the weight will be held in the crook of elbows touching your chest.
- Sumo squat: This will be performed by keeping your two legs apart than the usual.
- Jump squat: This is one type of plyometric exercise in which you have to perform high jumps effectively like a basketball player who is making goals with high power jumps.
The various benefits that you can attain by doing these squats are as follows:
- Your muscles will be strong by performing squats.
- These exercises will be most useful for weight lifting sports. You can able to achieve flexibility in lifting weights with squats.
- The various joints present in your body will become flexible with these exercises.
Precautions or safety measures that you should follow while performing squats are:
- Your feet should be always flat on the floor and you should always perform these exercises on flat floor itself. Otherwise this can lead to some muscle problems in your feet.
- You should always distribute the weight between your heel and balls of the foot. Uneven distribution can cause pain in your feet.
- You should not perform these exercises with heavy weights individually. While performing with heavy weights, you should always take help of your physical trainer or your friend.
- You should always be cautious when you are performing squats with heavy weights.
These are the necessary precautions that you should follow before doing squats. You should always take the proper guidance of your fitness trainer while performing squats.