The age after 50 is very critical period for everyone because this period is associated with various diseases.
After 50, you will suffer from diseases of aging, which are really the diseases of inactivity. These types of conditions can be modified with regular exercise irrespective of your age.
Regular practice of workouts for at least 30-60 minutes a day for 3-4 days in a week can greatly reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Some form of weight bearing workouts like dancing and walking can help in avoiding osteoporosis. Practicing workouts which improve your balance and strength can greatly help in preventing the falls that lead to broken bones.
If physical activity is already a part of your life, then make it work for you in a better way. In order to start an effortless workout program, simply observe your everyday routine and try to find the workouts, which change your body to work and increase the amount of time spent in doing them.
Experiencing the trouble in doing the activities? Then here is a list of activities for senior citizens to start on a solid workout routine.
- Mopping, canoeing, sweeping, dusting, and cleaning out the garage all can work effectively.
- Dancing, in which an array of choices aid in fitness like ballet country line dancing, ballroom dancing, swing dancing and square dancing.
- Gardening is also a type of exercise that gives you a beautiful body.
- Hiking is the best form of exercise that makes you fit. But, make sure that you wear proper footwear for the hike.
- Bowling is one of the America’s most popular sports. Initially begin with a light ball and then increase ball mass as your skills develop.
- Canoeing is the activity that makes you work more.
- Croquet is also the activity that makes you to work. Make sure that the course is lengthy so that you can do some walking.
- Fishing throws away all your troubles and also reduces few pounds from your body.
- Workout with free weights, begin with smaller weights and gradually increase the pounds when you become stronger.
- Rowing is a great activity because you will always follow the workout with few hours of fishing.
- Walking up and down stairs. Walking the stairs make you work a lot.
- Stationary cycling. When you pedal in the stationary place, you can do other activities like reading the book or watching TV.
- Water polo is the best activity for those individuals who like the swimming combined with competitive fun.
- Walking is the superior of all fitness workouts. This is very easy, cheap and convenient and it also shows best results.
- Water aerobics is the best workout that gives you various benefits. So, immediately sign up for a class at the local pool.