Lower back exercises will combat with your inflexible lifestyle.
The lower back pain stretching exercises will give better results to you if your job involves a lot of sitting for long period of time.
Doctors will also suggest practicing lower back exercises regularly in order to avoid your back pain.
Some lower back exercises and the method of practicing them are explained as follows:
Knee to chest exercise:
- Lie on your back on a firm surface.
- Pull your thighs towards your chest by clasping your hands behind the thigh.
- Keep the opposite leg flat or straight on the surface.
- Stay in that position for 30 to 40 seconds and switch on to other leg by repeating the same process.
- Lie flat on your back on the firm surface.
- Now bend your knees and feet flat on the table.
- Cross your two arms over your chest and turn your head (trunk) to the right by turning the both knees towards left. Allow your knees to stay in that position for some time and come to the original position slowly.
- Perform this process again in the reverse direction.
- Caution: Don’t practice this lower back exercise faster because some pains may obtain to you if you perform this exercise faster.
- To perform this lower back exercise lie flat on your back on the firm or flat surface.
- Now bend your knees and make your feet flat on the surface.
- Cross your arms over your chest and keep your legs together.
- Now tilt your pelvis by pushing your low back to the floor and slowly lift your buttocks off the floor as far as possible without giving much strain.
- Stay in this position for 5 to 10 seconds and come down to the original position slowly.
- Do not hold your breath while performing this exercise.
Cat and camel:
- In this lower back exercise you should kneel down on the floor and make sure that you have stayed in “all-fours” position.
- Keep your head straight so that the look or gaze of your eye will be towards the floor.
- Now slowly allow your trunk to sag as far as you can, so that your back will be positioned as an arc. Do not pull it down and stay in that position for some time and relax by coming to the original position. This is known as cat position.
- In camel lower back exercise, you should round the back up at your waist as far as you can by contracting your lower abdominal muscles.
- The top of your head should be faced towards the floor while performing this exercise.
- All motion should be initiated from your lower back.
These are some of the lower back exercises. Follow proper guidelines to perform these exercises in the correct manner, so that they do not cause pain.